Barchester Healthcare operates a number of independent mental health hospitals across England. The range of service available differs between each hospital. Barchester successfully supports:
Adults under 65 with organic mental health needs, including:
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Alcohol-related brain injury
- Huntington’s disease
Adults over the age of 65 with mental health needs including:
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, including individuals with complex needs
- People with histories of functional mental health issues or histories of institutional care
- People with combinations of the above needs
In our independent hospitals, we focus on enabling recovery from enduring mental illness through choice, change and a positive attitude to improvements in lifestyle.
We work collaboratively with NHS mental health foundation trusts across England, often providing a rehabilitation-focused, step-down service from medium or low secure accommodation. Our services are designed to enable adults living with long-term mental health conditions, improving quality of life and encouraging the greatest possible engagement with the community, either within our hospitals or through step-down.
Our hospitals are licensed by Monitor, the independent regulator for hospitals in England.